Halloween is such a fun time for the kiddos but there are also many hazards that come along with this festive holiday. These tips can help you and your family stay safe while Trick-or-Treating!
- Plan a route in advance and map it out.
- Always accompany children under the age of 12 to each door.
- Research sex offenders, print up a list to take with you and stay away from those houses.
- Make sure children wear something reflective and carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- Walk on the sidewalk, not on the street and cross the street only at the corner after looking both ways.
- Toss any homemade goods (unless you are comfortable with the giver). It’s a nice gesture to give away homemade goodies, but you never know. Better to be safe than sorry!
- After a night of trick-or-treating, make sure to go through the kids candy to make sure all pieces are securely wrapped and safe.
Hope everyone has a great time and remember… a safe Halloween is a Happy Halloween! 🙂