Here are 7 tips to keep in mind before heading out for a full day of shopping on Black Friday, the most popular shopping day of the year:
1. First & foremost, you always have to make a list. Find which store will have the lowest price on items that make your list and find out what time they will open. Some store have been pushing the envelope recently and opening as early as midnight! Knowing what times the stores open or the sale begins can help you map out a plan for your trip.
2. You always want to set a budget before you get to the stores because let’s admit, it is super easy to get swept away by all the slashed prices and mega deals but you may not need it. I suggest setting a price for each member on your list and sticking to it… You’ll thank your wallet later.
3. Research deals online before heading to the stores on Black Friday. I do a lot of my shopping online because big stores will sometimes offer the same deal in the store online and most retailers these days offer online exclusives you can’t find in the store.Many big online stores also offer free shipping or in store pick-up which makes the deal extra sweet!
4. Check for printable online coupons. If you are still brave enough to head to the stores on Black Friday, be sure to check for online printable coupons before you do so. Quite a few retailers add coupons to their website as late as Thanksgiving Day, so be sure to check before you head out the door.
5. Be knowledgeable of return policies before you go shopping because each retailer is different. Look out for no-return policies, shortened return/exchange time frames and restocking fees. These could end up losing you more money than your saving.
6. Get a Gift Receipt. Make returns easier for family and friends by asking the store for a gift receipt to include in the gift box or bag. Without a receipt, a refund may be denied outright, or may be limited to only an equal exchange, or to a merchandise credit for the lowest price the item has sold for in the recent past. A gift receipt can guarantee there won’t be any confusion or hassle.
7. One of the most important tips for Black Friday shopping is to always dress comfortable and bring snacks including bottles of water and lots and lots of coffee!
Spending the whole day shopping in huge frantic crowds can take a toll on your body so be sure to keep hydrated and snack throughout the day.
I hope these 7 tips will help you on your Black Friday shopping journey this year. Good luck & happy shopping!