As the seasons change so should your beauty and hair care routine. Chilly winter air can make your hair dry and brittle, lacking moisture and shine, so it’s important to take the appropriate steps to take care of it. Here are a few tips that can ensure your hair stay healthy and vibrant throughout the winter season…
- Wash your hair only with lukewarm water, not hot water, as it tends to dry out your hair faster.
- Deep condition at least twice a week: I personally recommend It’s a 10 Miracle Deep Conditioner, Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, or Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Deep Conditioning Treatment.
- Always use a good quality leave in conditioner. Some leave-in conditioners (such as Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil) come with the added benefit of SPF to protect your tresses from sun damage and fading which is essential if you enjoy outdoor winter sports.
- Use a humidifier: since hair can dry out just like our skin, it’s beneficial to have a humidifier in your home to provide moisture. I suggest the Crane Drop Shape Cool Mist Humidifier because it doesn’t require a filter and comes in 5 different colors to match your decor!
- Be sure to dry hair completely because if even a little moisture is left in your hair it is more susceptible to dry out, causing brittle ends.
- Biotin deficiency can cause hair loss and dry skin and can easily be treated with Biotin supplements such as Nature’s Bounty Biotin Softgel Tablets.
- If all else fails, you can just throw a hat on, it is winter after all! 🙂